– Thorough awareness of the volunteer journey, including recruitment, induction and management.
-Responsibility of the volunteer rota at a property, as well as its day to day operational delivery
-Development of the family offer by organising and running family volunteering events.
-Assisting with the delivery of learning and education sessions with local schools and education groups.
-Production of advertising collateral in line with the organisation’s brand standards for a variety of events.t
-Lead on developing and implementing a Volunteer strategy to be embedded in both the Union and University’s wider strategies
-Established Surrey Nightline: a student listening service run by students for students. Involved policy and procedure development, building an intensive training programme, recruitment and assessment of volunteers, particularly in relation to mental wellbeing and resilience.
– Duke of Edinburgh Manager: established the Students’ Union as the second union in the UK to hold the Duke of Edinburgh Award Licence
– Lead on developing volunteering opportunities for students, including running projects such as the Sport Relief Mile, Make a Difference Day activities, Student Volunteering Week, reintroduction of the Volunteering Fair.
– Lead on the renewal process for the Investing in Volunteers accreditation scheme.
– Union Trips and Activities maternity cover – planning and managing union trips and events – risk assessments, event management, promotion and PR, including recruitment, training and line management of Trip Supervisors.
+ 44 0203 488 5080
Head of Volunteering
Head of Fundraising